How do you shake your sweets craving when you have cancer? This is no easy feat. Sugar is highly addictive and can be tough to give up. If you are diagnosed with cancer, however, you will need to give up sugar. Period.
Cancer feeds on sugar. Ugh! If you are like me…I absolutely LOVE my sweets!
This sugar-free cookie recipe will stop your sugar cravings in it tracks.
Instead of using white flour, the recipe calls for TigerNut Flour.
What in the world is a TigerNut? Contrary to what you think the TigerNut may be…it is not a nut!
A TigerNut is a small root vegetable that is ground into a fine flour to make these delectable cookies.
This small vegetable packs a healthy punch…and no sugar. So, when you are craving cookies, chocolate, cake…reach for a TigerNut cookie instead.
Oh! Did I mention…not only are the cookies tasty…but they are super-simple to make, too. Bonus!
- Superfood- as much iron as red meat
- Prebiotic fiber- resists digestion and fuels our probiotic bacteria
- Paleo- 80% of our ancestors diet 2 million years ago
- Recovery- has as much potassium as coconut water
Choco Chip Cookie Recipe
- 3 TBL water
- 1 TBL ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup TigerNut Flour (can be delivered to your door from Amazon.com and Thrive Market)
- 1/2 cup water (recipe calls for maple syrup but I substitute water because maple syrup is sugar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cacao bits
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Extras: shredded coconut, goji berries, cinnamon
- If you are just kicking your sugar habit, try using Monk Fruit Sweetener for a natural sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix water and flax; refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Mix tahini, TigerNut Flour, water, baking powder with the flax mixture
- Stir in cacao bits (makes you feel like you are eating chocolate chips)
- Add extras- I like to add shredded coconut, goji berries, and cinnamon to make the cookies tastier
- Top with sea salt
- Bake 10-15 minutes
- Store in airtight container
- Freeze for those times when you have a sugar craving
- I double the recipe so I can save time and have extra on hand
There is no need to give up all the food that you love when you have cancer. Look for healthy substitutes to make yourself feel “normal” when you are on a no sugar eating plan. Having these cookies on hand on your counter and in your freezer will keep the sugar cravings at bay. Enjoy!
Affirm: I take care of my body by nourishing it with healthy food.
Subscribe To Jackie's mailings
Join the official mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Jackie Bye.
You'll also receive Jackie's special bonus: "10 Ways to Organize Your Healing Cancer Journey!"
It's absolutely free and you can opt out at anytime.