It is Sunday, your company has left, and exhaustion from the preparation of Thanksgiving dinner and Black Friday shopping has set in…and you have Sunday dinner to get on the table for your family. What do you do?
Pull out that leftover turkey for a full-proof meal your family will not forget! This post-Thanksgiving meal has become a tradition that our family cannot wait to gobble up (pun intended).
Ah-mazing Moms on their Healing Cancer Journey can easily assemble this scrumptious meal Quickly. Simply. Affordably. What are you waiting for?
Turkey-Wild Rice Casserole for the Crock-Pot
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (On your healing cancer journey you should not eat store-bought pork. Try turkey bacon for this recipe. Or, better yet, use grass-fed pork. I buy my grass-fed pork bacon from Patchwork Farms).
- 1 lb. turkey breast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot (I like to throw in a few handfuls of organic baby carrots to save time).
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped 1/2 cup (Try to use organic celery as non-organic celery is heavily sprayed w/chemicals).
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/2 cup.
- 2 cans chicken broth (You may use vegetable broth if you are not eating animal products).
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (Substitute a cup of broth if you do not eat creamed soups).
- 1/4 tsp.of dried marjoram leaves.
- 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- 1 1/4 cups of cooked wild rice.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Stir in turkey, onion, carrot, celery. Drain.
- Beat 1 can of broth and the soup using wire whisk.
- Stir in remaining can of broth, wild rice, marjoram, pepper.
- Stir in turkey and wild rice mixtures.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes in Crock-Pot.
- Reduce heat to low setting.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
FYI: 1 serving= 320 calories, Fat 8 grams, Protein 29 grams
Affirm: I lovingly prepare healthy, nutritious meals for my family and me.
Subscribe To Jackie's mailings
Join the official mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Jackie Bye.
You'll also receive Jackie's special bonus: "10 Ways to Organize Your Healing Cancer Journey!"
It's absolutely free and you can opt out at anytime.